Since the Top 5 Wednesday choices this month are all romance-based, I am not planning to do them. Today, instead, I thought I’d do a fun book tag! 🙂
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the lovely person who tagged you, spread the love! – I’ve stolen this one from Elnade over at Confessions of a Serial Reader
2. Mention me Tiana @ The Book Raven as the (insert adjective here) creator of this book tag!
3. Use the original tag image in your post. (However, Feel free to add whatever other graphics your heart desires!)
5. List the rules
1) “No Ideas But in Things” – A book cover that perfectly expresses the novel inside it
Is this a strange choice? It seems like a strange choice…or maybe not. Did I mention that this book is basically a “what would it be like if the Scooby Gang grew up and had to face one more monster” with a large dose of HP Lovecraft throw in?
2) “Dark and Lovely” – A book cover that is so creepalicious you just want to eat it up
I don’t know about creepalicious, but the cover is DEFINITELY what first drew me to this book. Super spooky!
3) “Sugary Sweet” – A cute cover that is so fluffy you want to give it a hug
What, you don’t think stuffed raccoons are sweet? As Jenny would say, “That’s sounds like a You problem”. 😉
4) “The Simple Aesthetic” – A book cover that stuns with the most minimalistic of design
A cover almost as mysterious as the Juliet itself.
5) “Cover Envy” – A book cover you wish you had on your shelves, but don’t yet
I’ve been on a Sherlock kick since I read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Holmes by Loren D Estleman a couple weeks ago. This book sounds fun AND the cover is cool. 🙂
6) “Traveling Abroad” – A beautiful book cover featuring a country outside of your own
Nora Roberts? Really? I know, not a usual “me” type of book, but the story line was really interesting and it takes place in Ireland, one of my favorite countries.
8) “The Color Wheel” – A cover that showcases one of your favorite colors
This series is wonderful and the covers are gorgeous! I love that they kept the same style the whole way through the series.
9) “Switching Gears” – A cover change you absolutely adore
Don’t get me wrong, the original Harry Potter covers are ICONIC to me, but look how pretty that new cover is! And it has Hagrid, my favorite character, looking all happy and fluffy on it. 🙂
10) “Oldie but Goodie” – A favorite cover of your favorite classic
See? Sherlock kick. But this IS a pretty cool cover, right? Just the right amount of spooky.
11) “And the Winner is…” – Which book cover mentioned above is your favorite?
Aww, they’re all good or I wouldn’t have chosen them! But…I’ll have to pick Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson. I just smile every time I see that silly raccoon. 🙂